My Happiness Diary


 I have a diary, not just any diary but one that speaks to my heart even before I open a single page. It’s soft, pink, and simple. The cover reads:

 “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”


This quote changed me. It taught me something that the world rarely reminds us: that value matters more than success.


 Success or Value, What Are We Chasing?

For a long time, like many people, I thought being successful was the greatest goal. And in many ways, it is a good goal. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to succeed whether in school, career, or life. But I slowly began to notice something deeper.

People may cheer for your success, but they need your value.

Being successful can earn you praise, money, and attention. But being valuable makes you needed, respected, remembered, and loved. And that’s what truly fills the heart.

 What I Learned from My Happiness Diary

Each time I see the quote on the cover, it reminds me to stop measuring myself only by how far I've gone or how much I've gained. Instead, it pushes me to ask:

Have I helped someone today?

Have I been kind?

Have I offered love, truth, or support?

Am I making people feel safe, heard, and seen?


I’ve learned that the world doesn't need more impressive people it needs more impactful people. People who show up with kindness, speak with honesty, serve with humility, and live with purpose.


Why Being Valued is Greater Than Being Successful?

Success can make people look up to you. But value makes them want to keep you in their lives.

Being valued means:

You're the one they trust.

The one they run to when life gets hard.

The one who makes them feel stronger, better, and loved.


I realised I don’t want to just achieve I want to matter. I don’t want to just impress I want to impact.


Success is good. It’s beautiful to grow, win, and build something great. But if it ever makes you forget to care, to love, to be human then it’s no longer true success.

Thanks to my Happiness Diary, I’ve made a decision: I want to live a life of value.

I want to be the reason someone believes in goodness again. I want to bring light, not just a spotlight. I want to grow into someone who adds meaning to the lives of others.

So, to anyone reading this don’t just chase the world’s definition of success. Choose to be a person of value. The kind the world desperately needs, and the kind no one ever forgets.


And maybe one day, someone will look at you not because you were the most successful, but because you were the most valuable person they ever knew.

Comments

  1. Aww thats really nice Teta courage keep being a woman with values, you are making impact in the society.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Composition of photos

A letter to My Younger Self

A Story of me and Philippians